Director of Marketing
For more information, or to apply for this job, click here.
The Central Park Conservancy is looking for a talented Director of Marketing to join the Brand and Communications Department. This role will develop new strategies and innovate on how we inform and engage with Park users, neighbors, visitors, and others who benefit from the great urban oasis that is Central Park. The Conservancy restores, maintains, protects, and cares for Central Park 24/7/365. In this role you will help us deliver that message to more people in more ways using creative engagement strategies and leveraging data. As a strategic leader for Marketing, you will help us connect with more members, advocates, volunteers, donors, and members of the community who believe in our mission and want the Park to thrive for generations to come. Using strong analytics skills, innovation, and creativity you will be a part of the messaging team that helps the Conservancy protect the Park and its purpose for generations to come.
Reports to: Chief Communications Officer
Department: Communications, Marketing and Digital Experience
About the Park
Built between the years 1858 and 1873, Central Park is almost entirely man-made and considered to be a single work of art. Composed of natural elements – turf, woodlands, and water bodies, along with architectural elements, this 843-acre National Historic Landmark receives 42 million visits from over 9 million unique visitors each year. Founded in 1980, the mission of the Central Park Conservancy is to restore, manage and enhance Central Park in partnership with the public.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Manage the development and execution of a cohesive, organization-wide integrated marketing strategy and plan that will engage Park neighbors, visitors and potential partners across all channels:
- Paid media
- Email and Push touchpoints across triggered, promotional, and transactional communications
- Website and mobile experiences
- Print collateral
- Work collaboratively within the Brand and Communications team to develop effective and engaging campaigns that support the organization’s goals as steward of Central Park
- Work with the content creation team to develop series and campaigns that deepen engagement
- Provide marketing support for fundraising campaigns, including membership, individual giving, major gifts, corporate sponsorship, and more
- Provide marketing leadership to drive awareness, traffic, and engagement with events, programs, and our digital channels
- Ensure strong value-based messaging, brand consistency, and core values across all campaign communications
- Provide marketing support for public programming, retail, and visitor experience
- Support organizational work to develop and execute new high-impact partnerships
- Participate in near- and long-term creative planning and ideation to ensure a clear and consistent message for assigned projects
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and Park visitor/supporter touchpoints
- Perform analysis to gain a deep understanding of community and stakeholder needs and behavior to identify new areas for driving engagement
- Collaborate with agencies and other vendor partners; Oversee all day-to-day project management of external agencies, track KPIs, and ensure timely execution of all marketing efforts
- Analyze KPIs and provide feedback to various stakeholders for recalibration
- Test and measure campaign strategies to optimize performance
- Leverage research, consumer insights, and market trends to formulate learnings that will inform positioning, marketing campaigns, and strategic partnerships
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously through effective project management. Create, update, and track project plans for multiple deliverables via dashboards.
- 10 years of applicable marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field
- Must have a strong voice in creative meetings, provide a distinct point of view, and openly share and collaborate with others
- Become an integral part of a team of creatives whose goal is to push beyond what’s expected for the Conservancy by continually elevating our story on linear, digital, and social platforms
- Passion for Central Park and the Park experience
- Strong track record of translating data insights into compelling, integrated multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Great cross-functional colleague, with experience working in a nimble environment with fast-growing expectations and desire to be part of a high-performing team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on, team player who is both proactive and solution-oriented
- Creative and energetic personality
- Must have a positive attitude
For more information, or to apply for this job, click here.
CPC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
Establishment and maintenance of a safe work environment is the shared responsibility of this organization and employees at every level. The Conservancy will make every effort to assure a safe environment and be in compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations. Employees are expected to obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their work activities. Accordingly, employees should be aware of any hazards, which could cause an injury or accident (e.g., spills, obstacles in walkways). If an employee discovers a potential dangerous condition, he/she should alert other employees and notify his/her supervisor immediately.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed