Training and Onboarding Manager
For more information, or to apply for this job, click here.
The position is responsible for the training and onboarding across the organization. This position will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, creatively designing and delivering effective curriculum and learning methods to educate, enhance performance and managing all phases of training interventions. This position will also be responsible for planning, establishing and maintaining all required health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees.
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Position number: 6012
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
About the Park and the Central Park Conservancy
Built between the years 1858 and 1873, Central Park is almost entirely man-made and considered to be a single work of art. Composed of natural elements – turf, woodlands, and water bodies, along with architectural elements, this 843-acre National Historic Landmark requires a unique set of skills to maintain these features to the highest standards. Founded in 1980, the mission of the Central Park Conservancy is to restore, manage and enhance Central Park in partnership with the public.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Partner with management to understand training and onboarding needs, including safety and compliance training.
· Perform weekly orientation for all new hires including seasonal employees and interns.
· Acclimate new hires to the business and conduct new hire orientation sessions.
· Work with Director of HR and organizational leaders to ensure premiere on-boarding and training procedures are being met.
· Facilitate staff safety & compliance trainings.
· Develop employee retention, engagement, and professional development programs.
· Identify and assess training needs through surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, and/or consultation with leaders, and others.
· Develop and design training handouts, workbooks, or other instructional materials.
· Curate the collection of training and compliance videos on BizLibrary LMS to ensure staff across the organization have the necessary safety, compliance, and professional training.
· Develop and maintain external learning opportunities through partnerships with colleges, universities, or other vendors.
· Promoting new learning opportunities and implement new processes to engage staff.
· Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into employees work behavior, and iteratively make improvements.
· Complete data entry as well as review employee records to ensure employee training requirements are consistently up to date.
· Develop, implement and manage Safety Compliance and Training Programs.
· Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses.
· Ensure employees receive OSHA-mandated safety training and recurrent safety training.
· Conduct first-hand observation of premises and property to ensure property compliance of any safety violations.
· Coordinate and present classes on safety using the LMS for video trainings (safety & compliance), outside consultants, or live presentations.
· Direct safety programs to protect employees against harm and maintain safe working conditions.
· Conduct accident/injury investigations as needed, manage workers comp. claims, OSHA and corporate injury reporting requirements.
· Meet compliance and reporting requirements of federal or state regulations
· Assist with other Human Resources functions as necessary or assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field and 5+ years of experience in learning design, developing and delivering training, onboarding, safety training, or professional development programs.
· Excellent leadership and people management skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills
· Prior training facilitation experience, preferably of Safety related content.
· Working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of safety administration, organizational management and operations.
· Able to lead and mentor coworkers.
· Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products; MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel.
· Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
· Comfort speaking in front of large groups.
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of environments and take responsibility and lead projects.
· Drive/operate company vehicles in crowded public space for meetings or classes.
· Experience or familiarity in a public space/park environment preferred, but not required.
· Knowledge of foreign languages a plus. (e.g. Spanish, Vietnamese, or Creole preferred
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
For more information, or to apply for this job, click here.
CPC is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring, and dedicated to diversity in its work and on its staff. We strongly encourage candidates of all identities, experiences, orientations and communities to apply.
Establishment and maintenance of a safe work environment is the shared responsibility of this organization and employees at every level. The Conservancy will make every effort to assure a safe environment and be in compliance with federal, state, and local safety regulations. Employees are expected to obey safety rules and to exercise caution in all their work activities. Accordingly, employees should be aware of any hazards, which could cause an injury or accident (e.g., spills, obstacles in walkways). If an employee discovers a potential dangerous condition, he/she should alert other employees and notify his/her supervisor immediately.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed