Gardener's Assistant Program
Gardener's Assistants commit to working a regular weekly schedule with a Conservancy staff gardener, helping meet the horticulture and maintenance needs of a particular area of the Park. By regularly working with a member of the Conservancy staff alongside other volunteers, you’ll develop a great deal of knowledge, ownership, and pride about your area of the Park.
All shifts are 9:00 am – 12:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.
As a Gardener's Assistant, you must:
- attend a Volunteer Open House to get started
- complete the interview and training processes
- have a strong interest in horticulture
- be willing to commit annually to one three-hour shift per week
- be able to do physically demanding work, including bending, lifting, and kneeling
- have internet access to record work hours and communicate through email
If you have a question about this or any other Central Park Conservancy Volunteer Program, please write us at email@example.com.