Tour Guide Program
Tour Guides lead public walking tours throughout the Park, helping visitors discover Central Park's history, ecology, and design. Tour guides who lead Official Central Park Tours are selected through a competitive audition process. Training includes extensive reading, multiple classroom sessions, in-Park homework assignments, and test tours.
- attend a Volunteer Tour Guide Info Session to get started
- complete the audition and training processes
- commit to give at least one tour per week
- have internet access to record work hours and communicate through email
- be physically able to walk through various types of terrain
- have an excellent sense of direction and a strong knowledge of Park features
- have a positive, service-oriented demeanor
- have excellent presentational and storytelling skills
For your planning purposes, auditions will be held on Feb 13, Feb 19, and Feb 21. You must attend a Volunteer Tour Guide Info Session first to sign up for an audition. Training will be held on March 5, 12, 19, and 26. You must be available for all 4 training dates to be considered for the program.
If you have a question about this or any other Central Park Conservancy Volunteer Program, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Volunteer Hotline 212-360-2751.