Tour Guide Program
Tour Guides lead public walking tours throughout the Park, helping visitors discover Central Park's history, ecology, and design. Tour guides who lead Official Central Park Tours are selected through a competitive audition process. Training includes extensive reading, multiple classroom sessions, in-Park homework assignments, and test tours.
- complete the audition and training processes
- commit to give at least one tour per week
- have internet access to record work hours and communicate through email
- be physically able to walk through various types of terrain
- have an excellent sense of direction and a strong knowledge of Park features
- have a positive, service-oriented demeanor
- have excellent presentational and storytelling skills
If you have a question about this or any other Central Park Conservancy Volunteer Program, please write us at email@example.com.