Lasker Rink and Pool
Lasker Rink and Pool opened in 1966 and occupies a site that destroyed one of Olmsted and Vaux's magnificent landscape experiences by blocking the views from the Loch to the Harlem Meer.
While Wollman Rink (in the lower Park between East 62nd and 63rd Streets) converts its ice rink into a venue for summertime activities, Lasker Rink is transformed into a public swimming pool. In its ice-skating mode, Lasker has two oval rinks: one for high school hockey teams and one for all ages. The swimming pool is the most popular neighborhood retreat from New York's summers.
Mid-Park between 106th and 108th Streets.
- Skating November-March
- Open 7 days
- Skate and locker rental available
- Restroom available
- For hours and admission fees call
- Pool Opens July 1st and closes after Labor Day
- Open 7 days 11am-3pm and 4pm-7pm
- Pool admission is Free
- Bring all your own supplies, including a lock
- Strollers not allowed
- For information: