Tavern on the Green
Tavern on the Green restaurant was built in 1870 as the Sheepfold for the flock of sheep who grazed on the adjacent Sheep Meadow. In 1934 it was turned into a restaurant, which has seen many different owners and images in the past 80 years. After a two-year restoration, the restaurant re-opened on April 24, 2014. For more information or to make reservations, please visit the Tavern on the Green website or call 212.877.8684.