This bronze bust of the Irish poet stands on the eastern edge of the Pond. Considered the national bard of Ireland in the early 19th century, Moore was a close friend and biographer of Lord Byron. He was also a noted songwriter, having written "The Last Rose of Summer" and "The Minstrel Boy." Commissioned by the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick, the memorial was sculpted by Dennis Sheahan and unveiled in 1880 on the 101st anniversary of Moore's birth. In 1993, the Conservancy did work to conserve the statue, with the surrounding landscape renovated in 2000.
East Side at 61st Street.