West 77th Street Stone Arch
The West 77th Street Arch is Central Park's only double arch, carrying an access road to the West Drive from Central Park West over both the bridle path and a pedestrian path. The pedestrian path was originally a narrow arm of the Lake going from Balcony Bridge to the Ladies Pond. Considered a nuisance, the Ladies Pond was filled in by 1936. Built in 1890, the 77th Street Stone Arch today divides Naturalists' Walk and Azalea Walk.