Levy Gate

Levy Gate

The bronze Levy Gate stands outside Ruth and Arthur Smadbeck-Heckscher East Playground. The gate is decorated with monkeys and owls, and topped with an animal far more likely to be spotted in the Park: a squirrel with a bushy tail.

Levy Gate was designed by A. Walter Beretta, who served as the monuments artisan at NYC Parks from 1934 until 1966. It was dedicated in 1958 in honor of philanthropists Irving and Estelle Levy.

Location

East Side at 79th Street

Loading map...

Get Directions

Restrooms

No