Hosted entirely online, the Program—designed, facilitated, and hosted by the Institute in partnership with the City University of New York School of Professional Studies—comprises web-based professional development experiences covering a range of topics relevant to urban park leadership and management.
Participants engage in a series of self-paced online modules and live workshops and seminars while in the program.
How to Apply
Learn more about the Leadership Program; 2022 Application deadline pending.
We seek executive, senior, and upper-level urban park managers who are:
- Affiliated with a newly formed (less than five years) private (i.e. non-profit) partner of a public-private park partnership; or
- New to a position within an established private partner of a public-private park partnership; or
- Affiliated with the public partner of an existing or future public private park partnership; or
- Administrators / senior-level staff members at public open space agencies; or
- Trustees of existing public-private park partnerships, friends-of groups, or volunteer groups
The Program fee for future sessions of the Leadership Program will be announced with application deadlines. The Program fee includes participation in the online learning management system, online workshops, seminars and forums, and all online Program materials.
The Institute, through generous support from its donors, offers a limited number of economic hardship grants to applicants from qualifying organizations and agencies. Grants are awarded on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Institute. Those who are interested in applying for an economic hardship grant can find more information in the Program application.
The Urban Park Leadership Program is a partnership between the Conservancy and the CUNY School of Professional Studies (CUNY SPS). Home to the first fully online degree programs at CUNY, CUNY SPS provides online and on-campus programs that meet the needs of adults who are looking to finish a bachelor’s degree, earn a master’s degree or certificate in a specialized field, advance in the workplace, or change careers. of their choosing.