Join Us for the Spring 2021 Urban Park Roundtable!
Thursday, April 29, 2021, 12:00-5:00 pm ET
Friday, April 30, 2021, 12:00-3:00 pm ET
Where: Online (a link will be provided upon registration)
Cost: Free; Registration is required (two per organization)
The spring Roundtable will continue to explore the public-private partnerships model in the context of COVID-19 through thoughtful peer-to-peer exchange and panel discussions. Guest speakers include:
- Damon Bennett, Chief of Park Operations, Central Park Conservancy (New York, NY)
- Casie Duplechain, Chief Development Officer, New Orleans City Park (New Orleans, LA)
- Jennifer Mahar, Senior Director of Community Programs and Partnerships, Fairmount Park Conservancy (Philadelphia, PA)
- Scott Stewart, Ph.D., Executive Director, Millennium Park Foundation (Chicago, IL)
- LaReina Wheeler, Parks and Recreation Director, City of Ferndale, Michigan (Ferndale, MI)
About the Urban Park Roundtables
Since 2017, the Institute has hosted the Urban Park Roundtable, in partnership with urban park organizations in cities around the US including Detroit, MI (City of Detroit Parks & Recreation, Public Space Planning Unit); Austin, TX (The Trail Foundation); San Francisco, CA (Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy and The Presidio Trust); Buffalo, NY (Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy), and Pittsburgh, PA (Pittsburgh Parks Conservancy). Topics have focused on the role of park partnerships in the care and management of urban parks, such as corporate philanthropy; establishing successful partnerships; and key performance indicators for urban parks.
Learn more about the Urban Park Roundtable, featured in the March 2020 National Recreation and Park Association’s Parks & Recreation Magazine.