This volunteer program is not currently accepting candidates.
Tour Guides lead public walking tours throughout the Park, providing an inside perspective for visitors. Guides are selected through a competitive audition process. Training includes: extensive reading, multiple classroom sessions, in-Park homework assignments, and test tours.
To become a Tour Guide, you must:
- Complete the audition and training processes
- Commit to give at least one tour per week
- Have internet access to record work hours and communicate through email
- Be physically able to walk through various types of terrain
- Have an excellent sense of direction and a strong knowledge of Park features
- Have a positive, service-oriented demeanor
- Have excellent presentation and storytelling skills