This program is currently on fall/winter haitus.
Landscape Volunteers commit to working a regular weekly schedule with a member of the Conservancy field staff, helping meet the horticulture and maintenance needs of a particular area of the Park. By regularly working with staff and alongside other volunteers, you’ll develop a great deal of knowledge, ownership, and pride about your area of the Park. Tasks include weeding, mulching, and raking.
To become a Landscape Volunteer, you must:
- Attend a Volunteer Open House to get started.
- Complete the interview and training processes
- Have a strong interest in horticulture
- Be willing to commit annually to one three-hour shift per week
- Be able to do physically demanding work, including bending, lifting, and kneeling
- Have internet access to record work hours and communicate through email