Tavern on the Green

Tavern on the Green

Serving hearty, rustic fare, Tavern on the Green is a landmark restaurant just off the western edge of Sheep Meadow. Enjoy upscale dining in the courtyard or garden.

Originally designed by Calvert Vaux, Tavern on the Green was built in 1870 as the Sheepfold for the flock of sheep who grazed on the adjacent Sheep Meadow. In 1934, Robert Moses removed the sheep and turned Tavern on the Green into a restaurant. Over the past 80 years, different owners have brought changing menus and decor. After a two-year restoration, the restaurant most recently reopened to hungry Park-goers in 2014.

Location

West Side at 66th Street

Loading map...

Get Directions

Restrooms

Yes

Maintained by other organization. Restroom is not wheelchair accessible.

Website

Visit

Contact

212-877-8684

Contact Information

212-877-8684