Alerts & Closures
Check this page for updates on major disruptions and scheduled closures in Central Park. Please note that some areas of the Park close due to weather conditions. You can also follow us on Twitter for updates.
Closed for the Season
Lawns & Ballfields
- Closures and Affected Areas: All fenced lawns and ballfields — including Sheep Meadow, the North Meadow Ballfields, and the Great Lawn — are closed for the season and will re-open April 6, 2019.
Monday, February 26, 2018 to Friday, May 31, 2019
- More Information: restoration.centralparknyc.org/projects/belvedere-castle
Monday, August 13, 2018 to Sunday, March 31, 2019
- More Information: restoration.centralparknyc.org/projects/safari-playground
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 to Saturday, September 21, 2019
- More Information: restoration.centralparknyc.org/projects/east-96th-playground
Monday, October 15, 2018 to Sunday, March 31, 2019
Saturday, January 19, 2019
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Closures and Affected Areas: The NYPD may close park entrances and landscapes during the Women’s March on NYC, which kicks off at 62nd Street and Central Park West at 11 am.
- More Information: www.womensmarchalliance.org/2019-womens-march-on-nyc/
Sunday, January 20, 2019
6:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Closures and Affected Areas: Drives will be crowded.
- More Information: www.nyrr.org/races-and-events/2019/nyrr-fred-lebow-half-marathon
Monday, January 28, 2019 to Saturday, February 2, 2019
- More Information: www.centralparknyc.org/things-to-see-and-do/attractions/west-110th-street-playground.html