Help the Conservancy meet the informational needs of Central Park's millions of annual visitors from all over the world. Whether they are from far-away places or are New Yorkers who use the Park regularly, many visitors need help navigating the Park or have general interest questions.
To become a Greeter, you must:
- Complete the initial screening and training processes, including a background check
- Be physically able to walk through various types of terrain
- Have an excellent sense of direction and a strong knowledge of Park features
- Have a positive, service-oriented demeanor
- Be willing to commit annually to 1 three-hour shift per week
- Have internet access to record work hours and communicate through email
- Attend refresher trainings as needed
Greeter positions include:
Kiosk Greeters are stationed in one of three kiosks throughout the Park. They greet visitors, give directions, answer Park-related questions, provide information about upcoming events, and teach good Park stewardship.
As an Area Greeter, you will be stationed in a zone of the Park. Area Greeters perform the same duties as a Kiosk Greeter except they are mobile.
Anyone interested in becoming a Greeter must attend a Volunteer Information Session and complete an initial screening & training. Please note, we recruit for these roles as needed. There is limited availability for new volunteers.
Interested? These projects require you to attend a New Volunteer Information Session. We post New Volunteer Information Sessions on an as-needed basis. If we have one coming up, you’ll see a sign-up link listed below. Don’t see a sign-up link? It means we’re a-okay for now and you should check back at a later date.
There are no upcoming dates. Please visit our Things To Do page for a full calendar of events.