Help the Conservancy meet the informational needs of Central Park's millions of annual visitors from all over the world. Whether they are from far-away places or are New Yorkers who use the Park regularly, many visitors need help navigating the Park or have general interest questions.
To become a Greeter, you must:
- Complete the initial screening and training processes, including a background check
- Be physically able to walk through various types of terrain
- Have an excellent sense of direction and a strong knowledge of Park features
- Have a positive, service-oriented demeanor
- Be willing to commit annually to 1 three-hour shift per week
- Have internet access to record work hours and communicate through email
- Attend refresher trainings as needed
Greeter positions include:
Kiosk Greeters are stationed in one of three kiosks throughout the Park. They greet visitors, give directions, answer Park-related questions, provide information about upcoming events, and teach good Park stewardship.
As an Area Greeter, you will be stationed in a zone of the Park. Area Greeters perform the same duties as a Kiosk Greeter except they are mobile.
Anyone interested in becoming a Greeter must attend a Volunteer Information Session and complete an initial screening & training. Please note, we recruit for these roles as needed. There is limited availability for new volunteers. The next Greeter recruitment period opens in July 2022.
There are no upcoming dates. Please visit our Things To Do page for a full calendar of events.