Landscape Management Volunteers commit to working a regular weekly schedule with a member of the Conservancy field staff, helping meet the horticulture and maintenance needs of a particular area of the Park. By regularly working with staff and alongside other volunteers, you’ll develop a great deal of knowledge, ownership, and pride about your area of the Park. Tasks include weeding, mulching, and raking.
To become a Landscape Management Volunteer, you must:
- Complete 3 or more Flexible Volunteer Opportunities
- Complete the interview and training processes
- Have a strong interest in horticulture
- Be willing to commit annually to one three-hour shift per week for up to 6 months
- Be able to do physically demanding work, including bending, lifting, and kneeling
- Have internet access to record work hours and communicate through email
Anyone interested in becoming a Landscape Management Volunteer must attend a Volunteer Information Session, complete 3 or more complete Flexible Volunteer Opportunities, and an initial screening and training. Please note, we recruit for these roles as needed. There is limited availability for new volunteers. The next Landscape Management recruitment period opens in July 2022.
There are no upcoming dates. Please visit our Things To Do page for a full calendar of events.