Volunteers are central to the Park!
The Conservancy's success depends on a dedicated corps of volunteers who help fill a number of critical roles, from maintaining landscapes to leading visitors on tours. With 843 acres there's a lot of ground to cover, and many ways to lend a hand. Join our team and find an excuse to spend more time in the Park!
- We operate year round except during severe weather conditions
- We offer both one-time, drop-in opportunities, and ongoing positions requiring a long-term commitment
- We have an active program that represents the dog community
- We provide necessary training and equipment
- We welcome anyone ages 18 and up
- We accept students under 18 in our specialized youth and Family Days Programs. For more information, click here.
To learn more and to become a volunteer with any of our programs click on one of the following links:
Become part of a team of volunteers that help keep Central Park beautiful by maintaining and enhancing its landscapes. Our projects include; planting, mulching, raking, weeding, pruning, and painting. Open to individuals and non-profit groups.
Join our group of friendly, knowledgeable, greeter/guides in providing information, giving tours, and/or helping enhance the overall experience for Central Park's 40 million visitors.
Corporate "Day in the Dirt" Programs
The "Day in the Dirt" program offers a unique opportunity for corporate groups to promote volunteerism and environmental stewardship while building employee cohesiveness and camaraderie.
Paws Volunteer Program
Paws volunteers help in strengthening links with the dog community through day to day interactions educational programs and engagement events.
Youth & Family Programs
Participate in the Youth Education & Service Programs and learn hands-on about the Park while helping preserve its landscapes. During the spring and fall families’ can participate in Central Park Conservancy’s “Keeping It Green” program by helping with raking and mulching projects.