The Naumburg Bandshell, an outdoor concert venue, sits at the Concert Ground along the Mall.
It’s hosted hundreds of performances since it opened in the 1920s, including classical, jazz, and rock music.
The Bandshell was built in 1923 to provide a larger and more modern facility for music on the Mall, which had been hosting musical performances since the 1860s. The first bandstand here was a small but elaborate structure designed by Jacob Wrey Mould. The construction of the larger bandshell was funded by philanthropist and music-lover Elkan Naumburg. Located directly below the Wisteria Pergola, the Bandshell is notable as the only Neoclassical building in the Park, a striking contrast to the Park’s predominantly Victorian or Victorian-inspired architecture and design.
For more than a century, the Bandshell has been home to the Naumburg Orchestral Concerts, the one of the world's oldest, free outdoor classical concert series.